Friday, May 1, 2009

I {HEART} Baking

Why is it that everytime I bake something I have to do 2 at the same time, I am not happy just baking one thing :p
Today I made Peach Cobbler and it was the most good gooey thing ever, it tasted like pie, yummy!!!

Here is what to do it and have your house smelling like cinnamon heaven :)

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp grounded cinnamon
1/2 tsp grounded nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 (29 ounce) can peaches

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together sugar and butter, add vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking powder and milk until smooth. Pour peaches and their juice (add cinnamon and nutmeg to the juice) over the top.
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until golden brown.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream :)

I also made chocolate cookies, and this recipe is my forever keeper for chocolate cookies, they are so far the best ones and EVERYONE loved them, they were gone FAST!!!

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
confectioners sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into balls. Place 2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with your hand a little. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes. Dust warm cookies with confectioners sugar.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments: