Friday, April 9, 2010

FFF- Easter Memories



Besides Easter being a time to be grateful because Jesus died for our sins, here in the Dominican Republic is also a week full of traditions and a time to take tons of pics and create great memories!
People like to go on vacation that weekend.
I remember when I was little that we always went to a beach resort.
And as I got older and married we still do the same.
Whenever we can we go to the beach...Or the river.
Or have family and friends over for a big dinner.
Last year I decided to bake some Easter cupcakes to start a tradition.
But no Easter is complete without Habichuelas Con Dulce (Sweet Beans) the Dominican Easter dessert (trust me this taste nothing like beans and it is really good; recipe here), every house you go to they will offer you that and this year I didnt even made any because we received like 15 different jars from neighbors and patients here in Los Cacaos.
Hope you had a great Easter :)

7 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the pictures from your childhood. They are awesome!

I am going to check out the sweet bean...sounds cool!!

Melinda said...

I want to jump in on your Easter tradition. Laying around on the beach is just what I need :-) And those cupcakes look great! How long did it take you to do them? So creative!!

Kim & Dave said...

Love the "look back", too!

Looks like you had a great time together with family for Easter!

Laurie said...

Love the pictures and learning about traditions in your country! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

I will definitely keep the wedding idea in mind. I know he wouldn't argue, it is just getting everyone there. But I know we vacationed there very inexpensively several years ago.

Stacey and Dewey said...

Oh a girl after my own heart, I am a beach baby living in the desert. I LOVE LOVE The ocean. Your pics are stunning!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter.
Thanks for visiting our blog :)

Gardenia said...

The Easter cupcakes are beautiful! you live in an awesomely beautiful place. and is that you as a little one??? what a little cutie you were. Easter blessings.