Thursday, November 27, 2008

I {HEART} Cooking

This post is a little all over the place, sorry in advance :P
I hope you are all enjoying your thanksgiving, like I said we do not celebrate it here, but I did something a little special for our meal :D I also helped my mom make some salads because she is hosting a thanksgiving dinner at her house.

That means I have 2 great recipes for today :D YAY!!!!!

First lets start with YUMMY Chicken, Rice, Mushroom Casserole

-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
-2 ½ cups of water
-1 ½ cups of uncooked rice
- ½ spoon of dry parsley
-1 spoon of black pepper
-1 cup of bacon, diced
- ½ cup of cooking whine
-1 can of mushroom, sliced
-1 onion, diced
-4 chicken breast

Mix all the ingredients (except the chicken) and put it in Pyrex, season your chicken like you usually do (I use lemon, pepper, garlic) and put it on top of the uncooked mix that is in your Pyrex.
This goes to your oven for 45 mins at 375˚F

Here is mine, TRUST me the pic does not do any justice to the wonderful flavor this casserole has, our house smelled like glory today –I also baked brownies for a dessert tonight so the good smells lasted long :p



And know a Holiday Salad: Cheese and Apple Salad

Ingredients
-1 can of red bell peppers
-1 pound of Gouda Cheese, cubed
-2 red apples
-1 can of sweet peas, drained
-1 can of corn, drained
- ¾ Mayonnaise

Cut everything into cubes, the peppers, cheese, and apples with their skin or peel, mix with the rest of the ingredients and serve cold.

I tried taking a good picture of it -the colors in this salad are beautiful- but they kept coming out like this:

So here is a picture of the one on my recipe book

I also did MckMama’s Corn & Bean Salad but in my style.

I am also Thankful for these cuties :P

No comments: