Sunday, September 13, 2009

I {HEART} Cooking- Croquetas de pollo

I've been wanting to post this recipe for a long time but always forget to do it :/
Bayohan told his friends at Los Cacaos how good I make this and asked me if we could take some so they would try it, of course I agreed :)

This is my kitchen, no fancy messure cups, just regular ones :p and spilled milk in the oven and all, too real!!

I call this Croquetas de pollo instead of the translation in english, chicken croquettes, because it is not really the same.
Chicken croquettes are done with leftover mashed potatoes and chicken, or shredded chicken pass over egg and bread crumbs, and here Croquetas de pollo are done with flour.
Either way this are delicious little appetizer and I want to share the way I do them.
So get yourself:

-1 pound seasoned chicken breast
-2 cups of water
-1 can of evaporated milk
-1 cup of flour
-1/4 stick of butter
-1 small onion
- salt
- bread crumbs

Boil your seasoned chicken breast in the 2 cups of water with the onion until the water is reduced to one cup, reserve the broth.
Shred your chicken.
In a saucepan add your chicken with the broth and the rest of the ingredients on medium heat, and prepare to stir constantly until it has this consistency
It becomes like a dough and separates from the saucepan.
Allow it to chill.
Form little football shaped balls with the dough, and roll them over the bread crumbs. It will be really sticky so you might want to put some crumbs on your hands to be able to mold the croquettes.
They should look like this before frying them in really hot oil until golden brown.I didnt fry mine because I freezed them to fry them at Los Cacaos. They can be freezed and hold for weeks!

This is how they look fried (not my pic, just one I found online) .
You could serve them with lemon or any other sauce :)
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Me said...

I have never had chicken croquettes. I've heard of them, but never seen them. They look really good, I'm gonna have to try them.

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

I have never tried these. It looks like a good appetizer to try. Thanks for posting!