Easter is almost here, so we need a recipe to go with that, dont we??
I just baked this today, a request from Bayo to do a Carrot Cake with Almonds!!
This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks, all of her recipes (that I've tried so far) are delicious!!! so I just followed it and added the almonds.

Want to try some? Get this then ;)
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup of Almonds (they are better cut in big chunks instead of the thin slices).
And do these :p
Mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and combine. Add carrots and almonds and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured pan (Bundt, sheet cake, 9 x 13 Pyrex) and bake until done, 25 to 50 minutes, depending on the pan you use, for example I used a loaf pan and had to bake it for 50 minutes, I also ended up with extra batter and did some muffins but those only took 25 minutes, like Pioneer Woman said: "Just give the pan a very gentle shake if you’re unsure. If it jiggles, it ain’t ready". This tip really works!!!
You could add a Cream Cheese Frosting, Pioneer Woman also has a great recipe on the same page with the Carrot Cake one, we like ours plain to eat it for breakfast or snack, and it is good like that too!!
I just had to play with the picture ;p it has become an addiction and I cant stop!!! Do you like the bunnies on my carrot?I've got a Dominican Easter Dessert coming up soon (actually after easter) this is a really popular dish here, if you go to a house on easter you are going to get this serve, Bayo LOVES it and this is my first time making it :) I will try to do a step by step photo instuctions on the recipe, so if you are feeling adventurous come back, is really different and kind off exotic, but trust me this is TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Come back to find out what I am doing :)
PS- If you are my sister, you are not aloud to say what it is ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment