Monday, March 16, 2009

I {HEART} Cooking - Mini Cheesecakes

I dont want to turn this into a food/recipe blog, but I just realized that I've found my passion, allow me to explain, everytime someone would ask me: what's your hobby or what do you like doing?, I would end up with a bunch of answers that are things I like but not THAT much; for some time now I've notice how much I LOVE cooking and trying out new recipes, and now that I think about I've always had, I just didnt know how much :)
This blog is a journey of our life together, but everytime I try or think of some good recipe you bet it will be here :)

Now about the actual recipe, I've always wanted to do cheesecakes, but I was afraid of them, silly I know, I found this recipe and was finally brave enough to give it a try, plus they are small and cute and nothing is better than that ;P

My mother in law is a cheesecake junkie, so I decided to make this for her, and when she saw them she was so happy, but even more after she tried them; my brother in law who is very picky also loved them; this is a keeper for me, they are beautiful and yummy!!! I will be making them a LOT!!!!


Ingredients
12 vanilla wafers
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1 (21 ounce) can of pie filling
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Line muffin tins with 12 paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each one.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
4. Fill each baking cup with cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Let them cool. Top with fruit pie filling just prior to serving.
I wanted to do it with strawberries so I bought 1 can of strawberries in syrup, and blended them with half the liquid and 1 tablespoon of sugar (next time I will leave some of the fruits for deco).
When I saw this colorful baking cups I knew I HAD to have them :) I took the picture with one without the topping so you would know how they look like.

No comments: