Friday, June 5, 2009

Updates

I am planning on doing some biweekly updates until I get internet and have a chance to post daily, so I am saving my post until I get back home with internet access!
We'll be coming home every 15 days on the weekends, so we'll have 2 weekends there and 2 home. Now we are home on our first weekend free.
They said we'll get internet this next week but until that REALLY happens here is our update :)

June 1st, 2009

Today we moved to Los Cacaos, the area is really nice and surrounded by Mountains, it is so beautiful :) There are around 400 families here, all of them really poor and in need of tons of thing, at least now they don’t have to travel to get medical attention, because they cannot afford the travel fee.
I spend the whole day fixing our room here and Bayo spend the day seeing patients, at the end of the day we are SO tired :p
People are really friendly here, they are all really happy that we came, because no doctor wanted to move to the mountain, we re like an tour and a half away from the city, but the road is really bad so we cannot travel daily.
I will be coming home every other weekend and until we get internet over there I will be saving my post and publishing all of them when I get to the city.
I am really looking forward to the adventures this next year are going to bring us, wish us luck!
Entrance to the Town "Los Cacaos" (wish is the fruit used to make chocolate)


A view of part of the road to get there.

I really love it here :)

No comments: